I would like to put your attention on the Meaning of some legal terms like Petition, Law Suit, Complaint, Application ETC,
• Filed in order to seek remedy in respect of any infringement of The constitutional rights of the individuals.
• Filed before the Supreme Court or high court.
• Written application to some governing body or public official asking that some authority exercise to grant relief, favors, or privileges with the reference to the penalty code of conduct.
• Also filed before family courts & regular civil courts depending upon the nature of the dispute.
• Like in divorce cases or in sec 9 of HMA, 1956.
• Petitioner v . Respondent.
• Filed by the complainant in respect of injustice of a criminal wrong suffered by him and in respect of which he seeks justice from the court ( District or session court ).
• Made to the magistrate in respect of any criminal offence that is not being registered by the police.
• Defined under section 2 ( d ) of the code of criminal procedure.
• In a civil suit complaint is termed as a plaint. Any person is allowed to file a complaint, except in the case of marriage and defamation, where only the aggrieved party can complain.
• Filing application a person seeks a remedy for a single cause or prayer.
• Filing application a person seeks a remedy for a single.
• Can be of any nature which may be of civil nature or criminal.
• A legal procedure by which private wrongs such as breach of contract, negligence or damages, compensation, injunction, etc are sought to be redressed through courts.
• In India, CPC governs the filling and conduct of suit under Section 9order 6,7 & 8 of CPC.
These are the meaning of some legal terms.